Millie Rai has accepted our offer of tenancy from 3rd October 2022
30 Jun 2022
New Square Chambers is delighted to announce that upon successful completion of her pupillage, Millie Rai has accepted our offer of tenancy commencing from 3rd October 2022.
Millie has a first-class degree in law from University College London. She began practising in April 2022 and regularly appears in the County Court and Insolvency and Companies Court. During pupillage, she gained a broad range of experience in the commercial chancery sphere, including assisting in:
- a trustee removal application;
- proceedings in the Supreme Court of the Bahamas concerning no-contest clauses in a Bahamian trust;
- contentious probate actions;
- an appeal to the Court of Appeal concerning professional trustee charging clauses;
- an appeal to the Court of Appeal concerning possession and relative title;
- multi-track trials concerning various commercial and property disputes."
Millie welcomes instructions across all of Chambers’ practice areas, from a wide range of commercial-chancery work including insolvency, trusts and estates, property, commercial litigation, civil fraud and company.